The Concept!

The plan is to drive around America in an RV visiting as many cool exciting places and experiencing as much of the culture as possible in 6 weeks.
It would be nice to do it without getting lost!...Glenn
It would also be great if we could do it without a backseat driver!...Kate
... and if we could do it without killing each other or our children it would be even better.

Follow our blog to see how we go!!

Sunday 15 April 2012

Um, did you forget something Glenn?....

Like, this tall blonde you have been married to for 13 years?....Last seen at a truck stop on the freeway to Chicago? Yup, he left without me! Thank god John enquired as to my whereabouts ten minutes down the road (only because he was hungry!) or I would still be enjoying the hospitality of the local constabulary.

Here's how the 911 conversation went: "ah, my husband drove off without me" officer "where are you?" Kate "um, a truck stop in Michigan, or maybe it's Illinois" officer "address" kate "ah, not sure" officer "what is the lisence number of the RV?" Kate "don't know sorry" officer "make and model?" Kate "not sure but I am pretty sure it's white" officer "can you put an American on the phone please?" AWKWARD! So the police arrived just as Glenn drove back into the truck stop. At least I got a free vanilla tea out of pity!

No comments:

Post a Comment